XProtect Essential is open platform IP video management software (VMS) designed for small, single-server businesses. It can manage up to 26 surveillance cameras and supports five concurrent users.
XProtect Essential is an entry-level product that is ideal for retail and other small businesses that require basic, yet effective VMS functionality. With a user-friendly interface, it is easy to capture, view and export video evidence. Search tools such as the Sequence Explorer allow you to quickly locate incidents from one or more cameras, simplifying the evidence collection process.
With a flexible licensing model, XProtect Essential makes it easy to expand your system by adding additional cameras or upgrade to our premium products.
Quick and easy setup
- Configuration wizards: Unique software wizards swiftly guide you through the process of adding cameras, configuring video, scheduling recordings, adjusting motion detection settings and managing system users
- Automatic device detection: A wizard scans your system and automatically detects connected hardware, making it easy to set up your installation
- Dual streaming: Two independent, configurable video streams for live and recorded viewing can be individually optimized for stream compression, resolution and frame rate
- Panomorph lens: ImmerVision Enables® 360° panomorph lens support gives a complete surround view of your installation. A panomorph lens increases your video surveillance coverage and removes blind spots so you can see more with the same number of cameras
- Flexible licensing: Purchase XProtect Essential licenses on a per-camera basis in order to efficiently scale your system as needed and take advantage of new camera technologies as they come to the market
- Open platform: Digital video recorders (DVRs)
typically lock you into hardware systems that only work with certain
cameras from some manufacturers. With an open platform you can mix
different camera brands to meet the needs of your surveillance
installation and budget demands